Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier

k1213693

TWP FA Update: October 2018

Post by k1213693 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:14 pm

October - 2018
Delegate:

The Holy Principality of Saint Mark

Guardians:

Davelands, Big Bad Badger, Neenee, Overthinkers, Arkadia Universalis, Kawaii Schoolgirl

Ministers:

Recruitment and Citizenry: Overthinkers

Foreign Affairs: Kawaii Schoolgirl

Internal Affairs: Davelands

World Assembly Affairs: Big Bad Badger

TWPAF Commander: Chervil

Speaker of the Hall of Nations: Kawaii Schoolgirl

Deputy Ministers:

Sergeant-At-Arms: Chervil

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: KhanterWinters

The Zeds Attacked NationStates
The West Pacific somehow managed to survive! Perhaps, as Darkesia said in a very short interview, if this were during the weekend, then results would have been different:

KhanterWinters- Today at 17:59
How was the Z-Day this time?

Darkesia- Today at 18:09
We had a very good mix of new and older nations that worked their butts off. I'm sure we would have had more participation if it had been a week end. But it was a fun time and TWP was fantastic!
Here are the results:

October: Month of a Big Change

This Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:37 am (NS Time) we all woke up with an announcement of our Delegate Nee, her speech below:
Announcement on the future of the Delegacy of The West Pacific

I’m going to keep my statement fairly short…

Being Delegate of The West Pacific is an honor and a privilege. When Dave came to me to be Delegate, I was thrilled. I was looking forward to being able to do all the things and work toward keeping the region amazing.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to live up to my own expectations. The region deserves someone who can be consistently active and around. Due to RL things, I have not been able to give The West Pacific the time or energy it deserves to have from its delegate. I tried and kept telling myself that as soon as this thing or the other sorted out, that it’d be fine, but that hasn’t happened, and I can’t in good faith continue. I’ll be able to be around still, I’m not retiring or anything, just taking a step back.

Thankfully, The West Pacific is full of wonderful people. So, even though I must step away from the Delegacy, there is someone else ready, willing, and more than able to take on the role.

It is my great pleasure to announce that Halo will be the next delegate of The West Pacific. I am confident that he will do an amazing job. His passion for The West Pacific shows in everything he does, and his natural energy will give the region the boost it has been needing.

Please, join me in welcoming and congratulating Halo! <3
Indeed the Glitter period in The West Pacific was amazing, but (quoting Halo from his speech below) the Coup Talker Glitter Queen, was sadly couped by real life. Thanks, NeeNee, for this wonderful time, and we hope you do not distance yourself entirely.
Greetings to my fellow TWP citizens, our allies and friends and the regions and nations of NS.

I am honored that Neenee has chosen me to succeed her as Delegate of TWP. She, Badger and Davelands have been my mentors and best friends ever since I joined. I have always had their support and am grateful for their promise of continued support in my new role. While I am excited for this opportunity to lead my native region, I am also humbled by the thought of trying to build upon the accomplishments of the legendary Delegates that have preceded me. If Neenee hadn’t been couped by rl, her tenure in TWP would have been magnificent!

While not completely without experience, I know that I am an infant compared to many of my peers here. The Holy Principality of Saint Mark was “born” in TWP a mere two and a half years ago. TWP has been my primary region, my home, ever since. During this time, I have represented TWP as an ambassador to several of our allies and was the principle author of The Etiquette of The Hall of Nations (the companion piece to our Manners … the constitution) while I served as the first Speaker of The Hall. I was Minister of Foreign Affairs and am currently a Guardian and Minister for Recruiting and Citizenship.

Maybe because of my early focus as an ambassador, I have been a bit of a cosmopolitan. Even though this may have competed with my TWP duties at times (sorry Badger :p ), it allowed me to make many friends throughout NS. I serve or have served as a Priest of Osiris, an Arbiter of TEP, Pyo Sage of Karma, a regional officer of The Sasquatch Republic and Archbishop of Albion.

TWP is a friendly, active, snarky GCR that believes in the supremacy of the Delegate and awards merit. Neenee is our glittery goddess, all of our chocolate belongs to Dark and a pirate shanty stirs our blood. I have always found TWP to be a good fit for me. I consider myself friendly and imaginative … my snark could use work.

NS is a game and games are meant to be entertainment. It is most important then that TWP be fun! I pledge to do my best to always make it so. I also pledge to do my best to make TWP a safe place to play. There are many minors among us and it is our responsibility to protect them. Even adults, though, deserve to be treated with respect. Bullying and intolerance will never be acceptable in TWP. Toxicity is why I rarely hang out in GP (although I guess I’ll be around a lot more now … maybe I can help set a gentler tone? :) ). I see no point in digging up old grudges or launching the same old personal attacks. I will always try to conduct myself with civility and kindness, and will expect the same behavior from the people of TWP. Finally, it is my opinion that, as a feeder, TWP should strive to educate the new players about the world they have entered. To that end, I will also try to improve the educational opportunities in our region.

I have a lot of ideas that will help us achieve these goals, but TWP isn’t just the Delegate. A very strong central government, be it an absolute delegacy or an oligarchy, can lead to stagnation. That is why it is crucial to award innovation and hard work. The region will flourish only if it enjoys the creativity, support and efforts of its residents. TWP has terrific people. I am honored to have been chosen to serve as its Delegate and look forward to working with my fellow citizens to realize our region’s full potential.

Long Live Neenee! Long Live The West Pacific!
November will be a new Era for The West Pacific, but we all need to say is:
Long Live Neenee!
Long Live Halo!
Long Live The West Pacific!

Have a Nice Week with TWP
In TWP we care about having a nice week, and with that we always invite everyone to participate in TWP Week, starting with Punday Monday, Haikuesday, Thank You Thursday and Karaoke Friday. If you want to spend a good day, you are welcome to Join us in our RMB these days. Remember, even a cloudy day could be great with friends!

Credits of TWP Seals for Bran Astor. | Biohazard Imagen by KhanterWinters. | NS Stats by NationStates
The Gryphonian Alliance, TWP ambassador to Osiris
Mike
Foreign Affairs
Discord: Comrade Boland#3907

Honors

Badges

Re: TWP FA Update: October 2018

Post by Mike » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Halo's wasted no time on appointing a cabinet I see. Nice. I look forwards to working with Kawaii in order to advance the friendship and alliance between our two regions.
Current PositionsShow
Foreign Affairs Vizier
Guardian of Osiris

Fariq of the Sekhmet Legion
Former PositionsShow
Sub-Vizier of Diplomacy
Moshir of the Sekhmet Legion
His Serene Grace, Wiktor Skollvaldr, Irypatha of Nubt

Recipient of the Sword of Sekhmet

son of Cormac Skollvaldr

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Bigger war, greater glory

"Because we do not beg for our freedom. We fight for it." -General Witold Urbanowicz
Altino
Forum Administrator
Discord: Altino#4453

Badges

Re: TWP FA Update: October 2018

Post by Altino » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:40 am

So excited for all these changes! Halo is off to a great start!!!
Under Construction

Return to “The West Pacific”