[OOC]Expectations from RP

Home to Osiran roleplay. Join one of our RPs, or propose one of your own!

Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier

Sygian
Forum Administrator

Re: [OOC]Expectations from RP

Post by Sygian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Realistic RP is fun. In the one other region I RPed in when I first joined NS, we went back and did a "lore roleplay" of how the region came to be. It wasn't exactly fantasy with magic and stuff, but it was as close as we could get while staying canon.

I also want to say that I'm not a tryhard RPer. I respect those that enjoy writing a lot and really get into detail with their RPs. I am not super experienced with roleplay, so I am just letting you know what to expect of me. :p
Guardian of Osiris
Baron of Koptos
Koth's Side Ho of a Forum Admin
Past Positions and Achievements in OsirisShow
Former Chief Vizier (1x)
Former Chief Scribe (1x)
Vizier of WA Affair (2x)
Tethys 13
Discord: Drakeye#9436

Badges

Post by Tethys 13 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:00 pm

My favourite part of RP is character creation (as you would tell immediately from my factbooks), it is pretty much an addiction. I've got more than 50 D&D, Rogue Trader etc characters I'll probably never get round to actually using, but which I made just because I had the idea.
I once accidentally created 40-odd Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Chapters, complete with colour schemes and iconography, in an afternoon. Accidentally.
(I was uploading the colour scheme I came up with in a couple of minutes for a 45-minute-speed-painting only-5-random-paints competition I'd entered (and won, since I was able to do a quartered yellow and white colour scheme complete with badge, yes I damn well am bragging about that) and I just kept going, so by the time I realised I should stop for tea I had several dozen new Space Marine chapters designed.

Long story short, if you ever decide to go with a single character or small group RP, I'll be able to provide several character concepts almost instantly for almost any setting.
EDIT: The chapters if anyone is interestedShow
Deputy Scribe and Overseer of the Mysteries.
Jonnemanni

Post by Jonnemanni » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Well here are couple Ideas imma throw out:
- Armies could be painted in a standardized scale, I recon the Junior General Scale would be good for us. (And I already use it :p)
- Fantasy could be included, but not in the form of magic. Stuff like religion, races, that kinda stuff could be fantastical, but its all set in a modern magicless setting.
Bdurham07

Badges

Post by Bdurham07 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 pm

magic goes a little far but we could have a separate fantasy and magic RP, but for the current one we should keep the realism and will it be modern present or future or its own time
Bdurham07
Jondi in the Osiris Sekhmet Legion
Member of gameside affairs

__●__ ●
_ █___█
__ █__ █_
__ █__ █
__ ███____________█████    
_█▒░░█_________██▓▒▒▓██
█▒░●░░█___ ██▓▒██▓▒▒▓█  
█░█▒░░██_ ██▓▒██▓▒░▒▓█
_██▒░░██ ██▓▒░██▓▒░▒▓█